Jan 19, 2021

Does it all just boil down to race?

Way back at the end of last October I started the following entry:

The answer to the Bill Ayers question.

I have had many conversations over the past few weeks with people about the upcoming election. Among the things I hear repeatedly raised by people who are McCain supporters and fearful of Barack Obama’s ascendancy to the office of Chief Executive...

and I just lost my train of thought but I was going to write something about how ridiculous the whole guilt by association thing is/was.

Now we are in the midst of the health care debate and I can’t help but wonder if there isn’t something deeply wrong with some people in this country. The reason I posit this is because I rarely have heard the kind of vehemence (actually, thinking about it I take that back because there was a lot of it directed to Georgie Jr.) directed at someone who is trying to make things better.

I’ve heard a variety of arguments, one being that our nation is in danger of becoming a communist country. Well, we know that communism doesn’t quite work but I have to tell you opponents out there that the whole capitalistic thing is way broke and not working especially well either.

This idea that everything should be dictated by market forces it just one of the most ludicrous basis for an argument I have ever heard...

This is another one from that drafts queue that I am working feverishly to clean out. This goes back to October of 2008 as well.

There are a few things I would find interesting about this post because first off it shows how really hopeful I was about Obama and I was. If you asked people today though, they would likely paint me as some kind of rabid right winger because of my support for the outgoing President. It’s more than a little ironic to say the least.

At the time, there were the beginnings of a trend that blossomed throughout Obama’s Presidency and continues to this day and that is whenever a Black Politician is questioned or challenged about anything by anyone who is White it’s some kind of racist attack.

Everything is all RACIALLY MOTIVATED!

It’s ridiculous of course but, you can’t have a discussion with anyone whose fallback when they’re losing any debate is to call the person opposing them a racist. That’s where we’re at today though... THANKS OBAMA!

You know, I really hoped things would get better in this country with Obama’s Presidency but they only got way, way worse.

As I write this, the incoming President is making selections for top positions in his government on the basis of race and gender which sounds an awful lot like sexism or racism to me. I had thought the goal was to move beyond those things but it’s not, we’re really back to where we were before thanks to our friends the Democrats but given the Democratic Party’s long history of racism should it be all that surprising after all?

We say that the US is racist when it really isn’t and if you honestly think that, I would suggest to you the following... look at sports, entertainment, the media and government and witness how many Black Americans are prominent in all of these fields now, do that in light of the fact that in terms of breakdown of our population Black Americans are 13% of the population meaning little more than 1 in 10 people is Black and look again and ask yourself if you are seeing only 1 in 10 or if you are seeing more than 1 in 10 Black faces.

Again... 1 in 10.

(It’s actually 13.4%)

I know, I know... I’m a big racist because I’m pointing that out.

I have buyer’s remorse with Obama because he was lousy on Foreign Policy, got a Nobel Peace Price for nothing other than his skin color. You think I’m likely racist when I say that as well but the thing of it is that Obama himself is still mystified as to why he got the Nobel Peace Prize.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/barack-obama-stephen-colbert-nobel-peace-prize-a7367321.html

Guess he must be a racist too then.

Again, if you tell me their is bias and discrimination in this world I will agree with you but don’t use it as an excuse not to hold all people to the same standard.

No comments: